Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-3
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the day to day direct supervision of the UN Women Communications Officer, the Communications Associate will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the development and implementation of a refined communications and advocacy strategy
- Support development of yearly communications plans, and update the plan on a weekly basis to track implementation of the communications strategy
- Contribute to the development of an innovative social media strategy involving in youth; and support roll-out, including on college campuses countrywide;
- Support implementation of the social media component of the communication strategy outlined in the communication plan
- Assist with the social media component of the HeForShe campaign nationally
- Gather content to write human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in all media formats as appropriate for the website and newsletters
- Take photographs and videos for both traditional and web-based media.
- Knowledge Management: Establish and maintain a database for easy retrieval of knowledge products, photographs and videos (in consultation with the Knowledge Management Specialist). Establish/maintain an up-to-date documentation centre/repository for publications, press releases and feature stories, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials.
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media. Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with the media as well as with partners and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives. Prepare press releases and media advisories and briefs.
- Following up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversees the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design.
- Work with the Management, Communications and appropriate staff to maintain UN Women Nigeria’s email distribution lists
- Assist Design templates, reports, branding, and print materials as needed
- Media monitoring of GEWE in the media through digital media platforms, including online news outlets in the country, and recommends appropriate action to maintain a positive image for the organization. Send out media monitoring report to the relevant audience. Analyze the monitoring on a quartley basis; share it with programme colleagues and include the analysis in the office reports
- Develop email newsletter in collaboration with the communication team, and develop and send out approved content updates for social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter daily or as needed for Nigeria webpage, and UN Women Africa platforms
- Representing UN Women Nigeria in the UN Communications Group and report back to the office
- Support organization of UN Women events like International Women’s Day, HeForShe Campaign, 16 days of Activism to End Gender-based Violence
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Development and implementation of a refined communications and advocacy strategy
- UN Women Nigeria’s work featured in UN Women African and HQ website, and social media
- UN Women Nigeria results translated into various attractive communication products
- UN Women communication products developed and regularly updated
- UN Women branding efforts supported
- Knowledge Products disseminated regularly
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area,
- At least two years year practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media
- Videography and photography skills
- Excellent social media skills
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Experience working with and guiding multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of UN Women/UNDP rules and procedures is an advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and Adobe design and video editing software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
Deadline: Midnight New York, USA); 31st January, 2019.
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org