Project Overview and Role
- The Communications Intern will work to support the Engaged Citizens (ECP) Delivery team in documenting their internal and external communications materials, including but not limited to Results Stories, Case Studies and collation of periodic reporting materials.
- The intern should be a highly skilled, motivated and self-driven individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in the areas of communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research and social media management including excellent operational skill of Microsoft office. The intern will work closely with the delivery team leader and report directly to the MEL Reporting Officer with overall guidance from the Head of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning.
- They will also work closely with their ARC counterpart under the guidance of the Delivery Team leader and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Reporting Officer (MELRO).
- Support the Delivery team with editing and preparation of activity briefs, reports and other related information products.
- Supporting the Delivery team with collating and synthesizing of documentations for communications related to key areas of programmed performance at Kaduna.
- Support Delivery team social media management, including monitoring and analyzing hits on related programme activities on social media.
- Capture and appropriately label photographic and video documentations based on ECP & PERL guidelines for use in furthering communication of Place level success stories.
- Support the Delivery team with compiling lessons, synthesizing technical reports for ECP communication products in liaison with the Place Level Team leader and other thematic leads.
- Lead the processes of compiling, editing and updating ECP calendar of events in consultation with the place level team leader.
- Design info-graphics, leaflets, fliers, and other graphics
- Assist with formatting reports and other technical documents including editing and filing
- Assist with keeping digitized, updated media and programme partners contact list
- Support internal communications platforms, support and capture knowledge sharing
- Liaise with other Advisers, MEL officers in complementing team work and programme delivery
- Performing other tasks requested by supervisor, as appropriate
Education, Skills, Experience & Qualities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Development related field.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with demonstrable experience with rigor of writing
- Strong IT skills and experience using Microsoft Office, with interest and ability to learn new software
- Experience using social media tools and channels, particularly blogging and content management systems
- Graphic design, video production or digital photography skills an advantage
- Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse team members
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills within the role
Time Period and Commitment
- Four days per week, a total of 28 hours per week, usually between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Thursday, with some flexibility.
- A commitment of a minimum of 11 months is required.
- Hands-on experience in the areas of communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research and social media management in a professional environment in an internship position while receiving support and supervision.
- Being an equal member of a professional, passionately engaging and dynamic team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
25th January, 2019.
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org