The job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- A non-judgmental outlook and a willingness to work with pupils;
- Excellent observation and listening skills;
- Patience, tolerance and sensitivity;
- An understanding of your own attitudes and responses;
- An appreciation of confidentiality issues
- Experience: Candidate must possess at least 3 years active relevant experience. It will be particularly useful if you can demonstrate experience of working with pupils.
- Qualification: B.Ed in Guidance and Counselling, M. Ed/Certification in Guidance and Counselling would be an added advantage.
- Class Of Degree: Minimum of second class lower division.
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with pupils.
- Actively listening to client concerns and empathising with their position;
- Accepting without bias the issues raised by pupils;
- Helping pupils towards a deeper understanding of their concerns;
- Challenging any inconsistencies in what pupils say or do;
- Helping pupils to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the five core values of the school:
- Child centeredness
How to apply
Applicants should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th January 2019
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to email@example.com