- The Laboratory Technologist must be able to perform various science related tasks, purchase specimen, apparatus and collect needed samples as requested by the subject teachers.
- The Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for the preparation of solutions, laboratory testing, safe keeping of the apparatus and chemicals, and the maintenance of accurate records.
- The individual will work collaboratively with all the teachers in accordance with the policy of the department.
But not limited to the following:
- Prepare samples/specimens/solutions for use
- Perform daily quality checks on laboratory apparatus and equipment
- Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment
- Label specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate subject teacher in the department
- Clean and maintain work area and all laboratory equipment and supplies
- Keep records of broken glassware and report to accounts department promptly
- Understand and interpret accurately the IGCSE instructions
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Document all activities in the laboratory for record purposes
- Maintain and track reports on reagents and chemicals to avoid use of expired resources
- Help with administrative tasks when needed
- Clear all apparatus and reagents immediately from the laboratory after practicals
- Assist in displaying students’ work on the boards
- Ensuring resources are up to date
- Ensure gas does not run dry before refilling
- Ensure that there is constant water supply in the laboratories
- Always available in the department for any urgent duty
- Experience: Candidate must possess at least 3 years active relevant experience.
- Educational Qualification: HND/B.Tech in Science Laboratory Technology or any related field.
- High technical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
- Effective communication, both verbally and writing
- Ability to easily understand complex instructions
- Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and records
- Excellent computer skills
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the seven core values of the school:
- Child Centredness
How to apply
Applicants should forward their CV to: email@example.com
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th January 2019
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org