- The M&E Officerwill providesupportive guidance to the management of the SARVE project for a successful monitoring, evaluation and learning of the programme.
- This individual will also support M&E/Programme staff of the project sub-recipients and partners and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all M&E activities as well as active collaboration with the sub-recipient and other relevant authorities.
- The M&E Officer is responsible for all M&E activities of the project and ensures the accurate reporting of results for programme activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing programme results
- Participate and contribute in programme planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output& outcome level data
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation
- Work closely with partners to establish their internal M&E systems, M&E plans, and data quality management
- Support the implementation of project’s M&E systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information
- Collaborate with other programme staff to ensure every staff knows and understands their role in M&E
- Other tasks as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN Staff
- External: Donor, Partners, Community and other stakeholders.
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities
- Membership relevant professional bodies
- At least 3 years work experience 2 of which should have been spent in the development sector
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of conflict mitigation, preventing violent extremism and/or democracy and governance programmes, including working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, programme beneficiaries, and programme staff
- Ability to use the District Health Information System (DHIS)/or any other database software
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various statistical software programmes such as SPSS, STATA.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation.
- A personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values and objectives
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly download and complete the “Application Form” below and send together with their Applications in an MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g M&E Officer – Abuja
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates
13th February, 2019.
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to email@example.com