Location: Nasarawa and Kogi
Slot: 2 Opening
- The post holder will work with communities through identified partners to understand the context, factors and issues of vulnerability, capacity to address them and support for groups, and community resilience building in Kogi and Nasarawa States.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Provide technical assistance to communities on counter-messaging and narratives of violent extremist groups
- Develop quarterly plans within the framework of the project in general but particularly the agreed objectives and outputs for the year, in collaboration with partner organisation and the communities for the delivery of activities to support project objectives.
- Implement on timely basis, agreed activities but also taking advantage of unplanned activities that may impact on the project.
- Maintain, in collaboration with relevant partners in the field and the IASL unit, an efficient. M&E system that traces performance in process, progress in results and allows for easy retrieval of information.
- Provide information to AAN that would link AAN’s national level policy advocacy work with community/state level issues.
- Serve as liaison with communities and stakeholders on project communications and implementation of activities
- Prepare Activity based Grants, Budget and support Communities in implementation
- Report to Coordinator, Humanitarian & Resilience
Reporting and Accountability:
- Submit to Program Coordinator timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the project
- Develop concept note for each programme activity for approval by the line manager.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to do so.
- Facilitate the sharing of information among stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement by AAN outside the ambit of the Project.
- Participate in programme meetings of the AAN Team, sharing experiences from the field, bringing up issues of general programme nature for collective decision making
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports on funds released for activities in the state ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Actively source for and participate in fundraising activity for AAN including developing concept notes and proposals.
- Represent AAN in the state – including attending meetings on behalf of AAN
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Program Manager.
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs, project communities and relevant Government agencies.
- First in Conflict & Peace Studies, social sciences or arts/humanities
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in community based work.
- Experience of working with communities in conflict
- Experience in organisational capacity development especially public sector institutions
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to motivate others to engage
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Personal Qualities
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative,
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly download and complete the “Application Form” below and send together with their Applications in an MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g Project Officer – Kogi
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
13th February, 2019.
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org