- The role of this job holder is to carry out the identification and preparation of ICT facilities and deployment of ICT infrastructure, securing and provisioning power, building connectivity, cooling , CCTV monitoring, access control and lease as well as dark fiber connectivity between sites according to business requirements. Others include the provision of hardware resources for further configuration by specialist teams, monitoring, adhering to and enforcing strict access to ICT facilities as per policy.
Other Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Ensure high availability of services to end users.
- Deployment of power, connectivity and cooling for ICT systems.
- Ensure tickets are resolved within team-defined SLOs.
- Enforce and adhere to access policy to secure data centers and highly secure ICT facilities.
- Enforce data privacy, data integrity and service availability.
- Carry out accurate capacity planning for ICT infrastructure.
- Provide inputs to budget preparation, tracking, reporting.
- Support Lead in building a strong team to meet corporate requirements.
- Mentor and provide support to ensure professional growth of new team members.
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Engineering course.
- Network certifications a plus.
- Software development certification a plus.
- Work experience in a multidisciplinary engineering team in a medium to large-size organisation.
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience.
- Good operational knowledge of network systems, protocols, virtualization, cloud computing, SDN, load balancing.
- Work experience with the TCP/IP stack (DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Good knowledge of electrical (including Solar and other renewable systems) and cooling systems.
- People skills.
- Project management skill.
- Good analytical, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for excellence in serving users and addressing their needs.
- Good knowledge of dark fiber, leased wavelengths and data centers and data center switching and routing.
- CCTV, VoIP, Access Control Systems – Deployment and Maintenance experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter. The subject of your email should be “position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, FCT,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.
13th February, 2019 at 5:00 pm GMT.
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to email@example.com