Job Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Receptionist will be responsible for performing an array of administrative functions including providing administrative support to the company and Managing Partners, greeting and directing customer traffic to the appropriate areas, and providing administrative support to staff and external customers.
- The dynamic candidate we seek will be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, serious, committed, and passionate about her work. The candidate needs to be a team player with a positive attitude and professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key. The candidate must possess great communication skills. Due to the visibility of the position, this requires providing superior customer service to all levels of internal staff and external customers, in-person and over the phone and basic knowledge of our products and services.
- You will provide high-level administrative support by periodically providing research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, travel arrangements, and scheduling meetings. You may also train other administrative staff and provide administrative direction to the team.
- Additionally, the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role. You should demonstrate experience in developing relationships, as well as experience in handling the administrative tasks with minimal supervision. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments and in line with the department’s activities and goals.
- The Receptionist shall report to the Office Manager.
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings and all associated logistics, department and off-site meetings, external group other events.
- Prepare agendas, make copies, set up room, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Greet visitors, answer general questions and direct individuals to appropriate personnel
- Maintain registration log for visitor
- Answer, screen and direct all incoming calls for the office
- Provide administrative assistance for the office to include filing, scanning, drafting letters, data entry and other misc. duties
- Assist with preparing and processing reports
- Establish hard copy and electronic files as required
- Maintain office conference room calendar
- Assist in setting up for meetings (make coffee, set up chairs, assist administratively in preparation of meeting materials, e.g., copy, collate, scan)
- Support special events for decorations, celebrations, awards ceremonies, and business meetings
- Order office supplies
- Receive and sort incoming/outgoing mail/deliveries
- Will be required to run occasional errands to local stores/suppliers
- Will support office staff with ad hoc administrative tasks for personnel administration.
- Clean out refrigerators.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 2 years+ years relevant experience in as a Receptionist
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other staff. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and technical material.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient PC skills to include Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other business enterprise systems).
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
- Excellent phone skills, pleasant demeanor and positive corporate presentation
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of general office procedures (e.g., filing, correspondence, scheduling, expenses, calendar)
- Smart, well spoken and written English
- Willingness and ability to provide excellent service to our managers and staff as well as all visitors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a female.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: email@example.com
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest in Brookstone and the role, however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.
1st March, 2019.