Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial duration of 3 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Communications Associate, the intern will, the following tasks:
- Provide support to collect information, write and disseminate content (UN Women social media, newsletters, etc)
- Assist in the production of communication materials that showcase the added value and thought leadership of UN Women Nigeria
- Assist the communications team: in the organization of key outreach events like International Women’s Day, and other project events and opportunities
- Support in dissemination of information and publications;
- Participate in meetings and perform other communications/advocacy support tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- The intern should be pursuing academic studies in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Development Studies or other similar subject at post graduate level.
- Be enrolled in a post graduate school programme (second university degree, or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English is required.
- No work experience is required
- Some knowledge and experience in events coverage, organizing events and/or training, media relations and/or advocacy campaigns, using traditional and social media will be an asset
- Some experience in graphic design (Adobe suite) and creating communication materials will be an added advantage
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, Power Point.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree as defined above and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should apply here
4th March, 2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Register for MyFirstJobNG CV Writing and MasterClass Today! Send a WhatsApp to 08158923210 to know more!