Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports operational processes
- Support Procurement processes
- Supports HR processes
- General administrative support
Supports Operational Processes:
- Provides support of administrative and finance activities in line with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
Supports Procurement Processes:
- Contributes to organizing procurement activities and processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs in compliance with UN Women rules and regulations
Supports HR Processes:
- Support in the provision of HR services in the area of recruitment including vacancy announcement, organizing interview panels, etc
- Provide support in personnel administration for international and national staff as appropriate
- Provide support in maintaining lists and generating reports as required
General Administrative Support:
- Assist with support services for conferences, workshops, retreats, travel arrangements, hotel arrangements, etc
- Assist with logistical arrangements as required
- Contributes to the smooth and efficient functioning of the UN Women Country office;
Required Skills and Experience
- The intern must have studies in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Social science or other similar subject at the university level.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language a distinct advantage
Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should apply here
4th March, 2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Register for MyFirstJobNG CV Writing and MasterClass Today! Send a WhatsApp to 08158923210 to know more!