Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial duration of 3 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day planning and management of programmes and activities
- Support the development and implementation of a communications and advocacy strategy for the Spotlight Initiative
- Contribute to the development of an innovative social media strategy for the Spotlight Initiative
- Support the development of news stories and briefs for the website and newsletters, and the production of advocacy and communication materials (eg. films, videos)
- Take photographs and videos for both traditional and web-based media.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a resource library, the development of knowledge tools and products to inform the programmatic roll-out of the Spotlight Initiative.
- Support the Spotlight team to prepare and organize workshops, trainings and meetings with partners and key stakeholders
- Assist in the documentation and reporting on programme activities, writing meeting minutes, mission and training reports
- Support research to inform preparation of talking points, concept note and other documentations
- Perform other duties as may be required
Required Skills and Experience
- The intern must have completed university studies (minimum of Bachelor’s level or equivalent) or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in Economics, Development Finance studies, Gender studies, International Development, Procurement, Public Policy or related study areas
- Be enrolled in a graduate-school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should apply here
4th March, 2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Register for MyFirstJobNG CV Writing and MasterClass Today! Send a WhatsApp to 08158923210 to know more!