- The purpose of this position is to facilitate and deliver high quality training and to support the Training Manager in the ongoing improvement of INSO LCB’s training courses.
Training Facilitation and Development:
- Support the line manager in course design, preparation, and delivery
- Take the lead in delivering classroom presentations and facilitate engaging training courses as directed by the line manager, to include:
- Hostile Environment Individual Safety Training (HEIST)
- Security Management (Basic and Advanced)
- Crisis Management
- Hostile Environment First Aid Training-First Responder (HEFAT-FR)
- Other relevant training, as directed
- Regularly travel to Maiduguri and the northeast to help deliver security management and crisis management courses
- Participate in the development of new training courses and adjustment of existing courses with the line manager using adult learning methodologies
Provide logistical support:
- Manage the course participant lists as directed by the line manager
- Assist in producing training presentations, course handouts, facilitator notes, lesson plans, and aids as directed by the line manager
- When appropriate, assist the Training Assistant in managing training course and facility logistical demands
Guide the training strategy:
- Participate proactively in the development of INSO’s regional training strategy
Monitor course feedback systems:
- Support the line manager in monitoring and evaluation of training delivery and impact
- Support the line manager further developing course appraisal and feedback systems
- When appropriate (e.g. in the absence of the Training Assistant), work closely with INSO LCB’s logistics, human resources and administration, and finance departments to manage the training program’s requirements
- Be prepared to carry out other reasonable duties that may arise, as requested by line management
- Degree in education or a post-graduate diploma in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant practical experience.
- At least one year of experience in training delivery
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs
- Proven presentation/facilitator skills using adult learning methodologies
- Ability to carry out basic administrative and logistical tasks
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Professional working proficiency in English
- At least one year of humanitarian experience in a safety or security management role
- Political, social, and historical knowledge of the region
- Security/safety training course attendance
- First aid qualification
- User knowledge of GPS, Thuraya satellite phone, and VHF communications
- Professional working fluency in Hausa. Knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and close-knit team
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, which should include the following below, by e-mail to: email@example.com with the reference “INSO – IT Assistant Abuja” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).
- INSO does not accept or ask for payment for any Job.
15th March, 2019.
Register for MyFirstJobNG CV Writing and MasterClass Today! Send a WhatsApp to 08158923210 to know more!