Job ID: 13-10533
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 – GF Malaria
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager
- The Finance & Administration Intern will assist in providing finance & administration support and coordinating programmatic information for the Global Fund Malaria project activities.
- She or he will assist the Finance & Administration Manager and the team to ensure that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency. The Intern will be aware of, and adhere to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport, to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Manage the inventory and asset data base.
- Prepare bi-weekly financial and activity payments tracker reports.
- Assist in gathering/photocopying/scanning of documentations for daily and monthly posting.
- Assist in providing support during seminars, workshops, etc.
- Assist in periodic verification of physical inventory.
- Any other finance and administration duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/HND in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School. Master’s Degree in accounting will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an Accountant Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management and Bank Reconciliation.
- Understanding of principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the MSH’s values.
- Strong team working orientation with a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organization.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Financial Management.
- Good ethical conduct.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
13th March, 2019.
Do you know? MyFirstJobNG can position you for this opportunity by enhancing your CV and Cover letter. If interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org